Today we are getting a rain snow mix and being told this is what we will can expect for tomorrow as well. Yuck! Just a week or so ago we had about a week in the high 70's and even hitting 80!! ahhh, I had a tase of Spring and I liked it!! But that was all we had now it's been back to this mess and it's days like this I really miss living in Texas and near Galveston.
I decided today I am going to make Pity Party Pot Pie. Oh, ok I don't like Pity Parties either. But I have a lot of pain today and I am a bit grumpy about the weather too. This is an easy Pot Pie and I thought I would share the recipe. It's very yummy and the left overs - if you have any, warm up very well!
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir the turkey and vegetables in a 3-quart (13 x 9-inch) shallow baking dish.
- Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Gradually stir the broth into the saucepan. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the black pepper. Pour the broth mixture over the turkey mixture.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 13 x 9-inch rectangle. Place the pastry over the filling. Press the pastry to the rim to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the herbs. Cut several slits in the pastry.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbling. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.