This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Pretty from the Inside

When I started to think about my Friday Pretties post,  I wondered what is pretty? Oh there are many things I came up with, but one thing popped in my head that I couldn’t ignore.  I think some people are pretty on the inside as well as the outside. 

What I’m talking about is how we treat one another and how we make our selves look. Not with make up, but our actions.  Don’t get me wrong I’m all for getting all gussyed up! But when you put that lip stick on and you are looking in the mirror making sure it’s the right shade of red, do you ever think about what will cross over those lips as the day goes by?




 Us ladies our known for our gossip. It's not a very pretty sight to see a friend hurting because of a conversation she learns you may have been a part of. We need to take a stand and keep ourselves from saying or doing things that can not only be cruel but an adult form of bullying.


Are you an encourager or do you break people down? When you see someone in need, do you speak up right away and offer help in what ever way is possible for you?

Remember always look pretty on the outside, but it’s the pretty inside that really matters! As my grandma would say, Being a lady. So what ever you put on to dress for today and your tomorrows remember to be pretty on the inside too!



Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 
I Peter 3:3-4

Look for more pretty things at the  Friday Pretties link party at http://iloveprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

Your blog is lovely, I'm so happy I found you! I'm following you now. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...