This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crossing my Tea's

I don’t know what you are addicted to…but I have become addicted to tea. Any kind of tea will do for me – be it Green Tea, White Tea, Black Tea, Herbal Tea or my favorite Japanese Tea. It is funny how a Scottish German, raised in Texas now living in Kentucky is writing about something that the Chinese discovered and the Japanese added flavor. It is believed that the Chinese discovered tea when some tea leaves accidentally fell into a pot of boiling water. I got hooked on it when I was on Chemo. Ginger is very helpful with eliminating nausea. I usually have my tea morning tea with my Bible and God. What a soothing time that is, Highly recommend!! Now my question is – who threw in the milk and sugar? Americans came up with the concept of “Iced Tea.” It was Thomas Sullivan of New York developed the tea in a bag (teabag). Right now I have a Pitcher of Earl Grey steeping and will enjoy cold glasses of that the rest of the day. Right now I am sipping on a cup of warm Vanilla Chai Tea. Now here’s a funny thing about me and my tea. I love tea, and love lemons and fruit. But please don’t mix them in my tea! Not the citrus especially.
Here is a nice little recipe for you I like in the evening Enjoy!
Chai Latte
Ingredients:
4 cups cold water
5 Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Bags
1 cup low fat milk, chilled
4 tablespoons brown sugar

Instructions:
Boil water; place Bigelow Vanilla Chai tea bags into teapot and pour boiling water over tea.
Let stand 3-5 minutes.
Froth milk by using a wisk
Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to 4 teacups, pour in tea and top with frothed milk.
Yield: Serves 4. Prep Time: 5 minutes




1 comment:

Theresa said...

I am an Ice Tea lover. My husband drinks Hot Tea instead of coffee. We love Earl Gray. He also makes sun tea out of it.

We in fact are heading to the backyard to swim and we have our IceTeas all ready to go with us.

I must admit that I do like to switch to a nice glass of wine around dinner time.

I am so glad that you aren't in Chemo anymore. May you continue to be blessed and to be a positive witness to all. Love Ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...