This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

To Do List & Some pitures of Derby Rose Garland

Had a busy day with renters and work with houses. We collected rent and looked into some sink trouble. Paid for some work our guys did for a friend’s house.

Since it was a busy day away from home I didn’t get to download the pictures from the fair on to the computer. So I will put those up hopefully tomorrow.

I have been thinking I never did put up any pictures from Derby time. Here are some pictures of the ladies making the garland of roses that the winning horse wears.

CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE


They get in there and sew each Rose by hand. All the bright gree you see will be covered.

This lady had the task of removing all of the outer petals to make sure they had a tight bud to use.

And then they give away the petals. notice the texas girl in a sweat shirt in May - It must have been mid 70's!

At the end al most done. You can see the green thread as she is sewing the rose in place.

What a long day!! My fingers would be so sore.

They are just finishing up the the ends. So pretty!


1 comment:

Tonya said...

That's so awesome! I didn't know they would do it where you could be right there on top of it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...