This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Dear rain we have had enough thank you!

We had such a wonderful Easter day! The ham and all the trimmings were really yummy! We had way too much food and that means we ate way too much  as well!

 As our daughter in law was walking toward the chairs my daughter yelled "BABY BUMP - I SEE IT!!"  Oh yes there sure was too! We are finally seeing real signs of that first grandbaby.  I think for mothers day I am going to buy her a couple of maternity tops.



We have been being pounded with rain and flooding is starting to be a problem. Today some school closings due to so many road closing. There had been a few nights last week with tornado sirens going off which makes my hubby mad to wake up to at night. He says "Why do they wake me up to say stay in doors I am asleep, I'm already in and at a safe place?"  Silly man, so you can move down to the basement!!  We have thunderstorms for the next few days still to come and the river is already out of it's banks and at 33 ft its highest in 14 years. There are home with water up to the roof tops. it's really sad for those people.


 Have a Great Day and remember to take time to have a cupcake!

2 comments:

Gabe said...

love the title of your post. . .we have the same feelings here up North. The cold, rainy weather needs to move on and let us experience a little nice spring weather!

Tete said...

We have had rain for 5 days now- but not enough to really be a threat here yet- but the ground can't hold anymore and we have more coming. The sirens only went off here once but we have watches almost every day.
Southern Illinois has had 9 inches before last nights and todays rain.
Stay safe- Tete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...