This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Doo-Dah Spring Day

Today we finish our alphabet with the letter Z in Jenny Matlocks Alphabet Thursday's Class. It has been a lot of fun each week seeing what everyone comes up with.

Out weather has finally turned into what looks like Spring and it makes me want to sing. So what esle could I do with the letter Z but bring back the memories of the wonderful and grand voice of Louis Armstrong and this Springtime song.

I don't think there is a better way to show the beauty of Spring after fall than in this movie. The movie is in black and white and then it burst into wonderful color when he begins to sing  "My Oh My What A Wonderful Day"

Here is a street I take to go to the doctor. I just love. Oh you should see it in fall too!! I don't have a picture with out the ice and snow to give it the bare and brown bare look. But you get my point.  The burst of color we get in Spring is such a gift after the long bare winter!





The movie was the same way with the burst of color! Oh I remember that moment when It broke out in color, wow! Just makes ya wanna sing. Just makes you feel the sun and smell the flowers.



To see the clip of Louis Armstrong singing Zip A Dee Doo Da click here and watch the burst of Spring happen before your eyes!



THANK YOU SO MUCH JENNY FOR HOSTING US!! 
click here to visit jenny page and see more Z post - go on it's fun!

17 comments:

Karen said...

What a delightful blog! I'm so thankful to see all the Spring buds and blossom!
Glad I found you on the Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop, Hoping you stop by and follow me back:)

www.victoria-nouveau.blogspot.com

La said...

I'm so excited that spring is finally making an appearance. The colors in your spring picture are lovely.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

what a beautiful street! I must admit that I am a bit envious. We have no blossoms as of yet.

Judie said...

What a wonderful film that was! When we were children, every year we would take a field trip in Atlanta to "The Wren's Nest" which was the home of Joel Chandler Harris. Thanks for a bit of remembering, Wanda!!

Tete said...

I would love to drive down that street in the spring or any other time. So pretty and I hope you have a zip-a-dee-doo-da day!
Hugs- Tete

Cathy Kennedy said...

My children loved the Uncle Remus' Brier Rabbit story collection. I loved your post and I'm so happy spring is finally here!

From your newest follower,
~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Check out…
Z is for ...{Alphabe-Thursday Meme} post.
Don't Get Left Behind {More Thursday Memes} post.

Sue McPeak said...

So glad you are having a bit of Spring. Love it that you remember ZipAdeeDooDah! Perfect Z word and great post on that wonderful movie! Enjoyed sharing the Alphabet with ya!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Spring is still a month or so away...

I can't wait!

Bonnie said...

I just love your pictures and your blog!
Now you've got me singin' that song.. Zippity Doo Dah, Zippity ehhhhh! My oh My what a wonderful day..??

Something like that.

Jackie said...

ahhh what a beautiful street that is . I love it .

Gloria said...

Oh, I love your new changes here. Very pretty! :)

What a lovely street you get to drive down for your doctor's visits.

Have a blessed day!

xoxo Gloria

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Great blog! Some of those pictures brought back fond memories!
Barb

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I always like the pop, pop, pop of spring. We don't have the expressive blossoming trees as you do anymore. Orchards are mostly gone in my area. But the mountains, whoo-hooo! Green, green, green, then golden, golden, golden. I love it all.

Teresa said...

That is a great song and perfect for a spring post on the letter Z.

Gabe said...

One of my favorite rides at Disney is splash mountain...because I love thst song!

I love spring, too

Jen said...

Such sweet memories. I still know every word of course! Happy Spring!

Jenny said...

I remember that movie! What fun!

And I think if I could drive down a street that gorgeous, I would almost WANT to go to the doctor. It looks absolutely glorious.

You changed your blog header, didn't you? It looks wonderful!

Thanks for participating in Alphabe-Thursday this round!

You are always such a joy to visit.

A+

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...