This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My ladybug and her Pink Wedding Shoes

My daughter was married just a few month's ago. She has always been a Pink girl! Her now husband likes the color green. What she said was "Those colors go well together, we can go with that, lucky for you your color will work with my pink, because you know your are having a pink wedding right?"

This is the beautiful church where the wedding was held in Louisville Kentucky.


With a bouquet of three shades of Gerber Daisies He dips her and set the tone of a fairy tale life to come!


This is her at age 6. Just like most little girls, we all dream about this day. I had this picture at the guest book for everyone to see. They all just loved it!


Here is the first time Daddy ever walked her down the isle. It was the night before the big day at the rehearsal. Daddy was in a pink shirt for the occasion.


Here we are wedding day. These are her pink shoes she looked long and hard for the perfect shade and heel height. All that anyone could say is that is so Missa (Melissa)!!


All of her clan. The two on the left are her cousin and sister in law. The two standing with her are sisters and her best friend she grew up with and were her co- maid of honors. The two to the right are sisters and are now her sisters in law. The reason one is in pink is because she was the flower girl! She always wanted to be a flower girl - so why not at her bothers weddings. It was great!


Cute shot of her pink shoes


The whole wedding party


With pink flowers on the mantle Grandmommy pins on Granddaddy's Army Silver star to the under coat of her dress so he could be there and take part in some way.


I love this picture it's a glare in the window of the two of them the first time they saw each other. They were all alone a private moment between the two of them with the photographer at a distance. There was not going to be time for pictures after so this is how they chose to do it then have a lot of before the wedding photos of the wedding party.


Mark was not wearing pretty pink shoes.....


Pretty pink Gerber's on the cake. It was square off set layers. 1. Strawberry 2. Carrot 3. Chocolate Hazelnut


All the siblings and their spouses. She has changed into her Party and time to dance dress. Yes, and in this picture you can see that's just what has been going on! hehehe Shoes missing hair a muss... But what fun.

With a quick change they are ready to head out for a wonderful Honeymoon! Missa's shirt reads "I DID" the front has two gold wedding bands. It got a big laugh with one shout from the crowd from one of the guys... 


"Hey Missa you can wear that again in the morning"



And that's the story of my ladybug and her Pink Wedding Shoes



I am linking up with so many other pink lovers at How sweet the sound! Pop over and see what others have posted   http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

15 comments:

Simple Home said...

It looks like a wonderful wedding Wanda, and I love those pink shoes!!
What a great idea.
Thank you so much for your continued prayers for Jordan. He continues to improve daily.
Blessings,
Marcia

Travel With Lulu said...

So dreamy! And I love those pink shoes!! XOL

Rebecca said...

Looks like a beautiful bride and a beautiful wedding! Love the pink shoes!

Sharon said...

Cute! I especially like the picture in the window!

mercedes scott said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the personal touch of pink shoes for the bride! I also enjoyed reading your story and all the special little touches that made this event so unique to your family. Thank you for sharing@ :)

Patti said...

thank you so much for visiting my blog this Pink Saturday. It's so nice to meet you.

I must tell you, my favorite colors are pink and green, and my favorite color combination is pink, green, and white. I use the Franciscan Desert Rose china pattern for that reason. (Also, it was my grandmother's china pattern, and using it reminds me of her.)

I am having huge problems with my internet filter the past couple weeks. It is blocking 95% of all photos, so I am not able to see your beautiful wedding photos :(

Sure wish I could because I can imagine that they are beyond beautiful.

Anyhow, have a wonderful, blessed day.

Hugs,
Patti

Elyse said...

how fun! love the personal detail of the pink shoes!

thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

happy weekend!

xo
elyse

quakerhillfarm said...

What a great post! Sweet memories you have created with pictures and words!! Blessings to you, Lynn

LV said...

Thank you for letting us attend this lovely wedding through your lens. It was very pretty and so was the bride. I appreciate your visit very much.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Wanda,

I totally enjoyed the story of the bride and the pink shoes..just adorable! Thanks so much for visiting with me!

Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie

Jori said...

Beautiful, Beautiful! Those pink shoes are fab! I lived in Louisville about 10 years ago. What a wonderful place. Thanks for commenting on my pink phone! I am your latest follower. :)

Student said...

I don't know that I would have recognized the grown-up Melissa but I certainly did recognize the 6 year old Melissa because I think that's probably about the age she was last time I saw her. You simply must post current pictures of you and Trent and Kevin :-)

Maison Mutt said...

Wanda...we are neighbors (almost i'm a Calif transplant in Lexington) & your newest follower. What a wonderful wedding thank you for letting us be part of it! Happy Pink Saturday!
Niki

Theresa said...

LOVE THE PINK SHOES!!!!! Heaven on Earth!

Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful wedding. I love all the pictures! She is an absolutely lovely bride.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...