This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Be a Blessing




Don’t you just love being blessed? I read a sign that said, If you’re lucky enough to have a cabin at the lake, you’re lucky enough. What if it was changed to say If you’re blessed enough to know Jesus, you are blessed enough. Being blessed is just the beginning. We get to turn it around and be a blessing to someone else.

So how can you be a blessing to someone else? There are lots of ways. Praying for someone is a great way to be a blessing. Our prayers can be powerful and effective, and by praying, we can see circumstances change. It can be as simple as being courteous in a store, in traffic, or in your office. Kindness can also be shown through generosity.  What about an elderly couple who may need to be checked in on during this cold weather? Maybe you can take someone an extra blanket, in fact make it a nice electric one!

Remember that old campfire song….It only takes a spark, to get a fire going….. Kindness and blessing act the same way. What you start can soon spread.  I think it’s just what the world is waiting for! Each of us need to let it start in us and not wait for someone else…. You be the first!!


This week’s challenge is to ask yourself, how can I be a blessing to someone else today, for 7 days in a row.

1 comment:

Bridesmaid extraordinare said...

Will do

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...