This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's for Dinner?

 
Every one ask it. And if you are the one in charge of making sure it gets done.... well sometimes you want something new every now and then. That is why I am sharing this simple and fun casserole with you.

Cowboy Meatloaf & Potatoes



Ingredients

    * 1 Packages Ore Ida Steam n' Mash Garlic Seasoned Potatoes
    * 1 Pound(s) GROUND MEAT lean
    * 3/4 Cup(s) ONION finely chopped
    * 1/3 Cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS seasoned
    * 1/4 Cup(s) JACK DANIEL'S® HONEY SMOKEHOUSE BARBECUE SAUCE
    * 1 EGG lightly beaten
    * 2 Teaspoon(s) CHILI POWDER
    * 3/4 Teaspoon(s) SALT
    * 2/3 Cup(s) EVAPORATED MILK
    * 1 Tablespoon(s) BUTTER
    * 1 Cup(s) CRUMBLED BACON real
    * 1/4 Cup(s) CRISPY FRIED ONIONS canned
    * 2/3 Cup(s) MEXICAN BLEND CHEESE shredded

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, Barbecue Sauce, egg, chili powder and salt until well mixed. Gently press into bottom of baking dish.

2. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Carefully pour off any excess fat if needed. Adjust oven to broil and place oven rack 6 to 8 inches from heat source.

3. Meanwhile, microwave Potatoes according to package instructions. In a large bowl, mix together hot Potatoes, milk and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer to desired consistency. Stir in bacon and fried onions. Spread evenly on top of beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.

4. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve hot with additional Barbecue Sauce if desired.

 This makes great left overs, if you have any.  It a great classic meatloaf and potato dish all in one.  Can't get kids to eat meatloaf? They love to dig in to this one! This is one of those wonderful things where you can add shredded carrots and extra goodies that you like to give an extra healthy kick, and they don't know, or care!


1 comment:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Hi Sorry-that was me.I was helping a friend with her blog and forgot to sign out :)
Anyway, love the recipe, I could use it with turkey :)
XO
Kristin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...