This is Me
- Wanda Metcalf
- I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
- I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Make the most of it
So many people are complaining about the cold and snow. I just love it. I am thankful for the changing seasons. I think all the snow and gray days makes us appreciate the colors, sights and sounds of Spring so much more!
Does it still look like this outside you home? If it does I hope you are making the most of just like these folks are here! Look at all those snow angles!! Go ahead go make some today…. wrap everyone up and get out there and have fun!.
Maybe you plan to go looking for that perfect dress for Valentines Day!
Be careful of everyone out there as you go out for what ever may keep you busy.
When you get done with all this busy things of the day, grab some of the fluffy stuff and make some snow ice cream. Add all the fun toppings you want it’s that kind of weekend. We are going to allow it.
Snow Ice Cream
* 8 cups snow,- the fluffy stuff not packed
* 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place snow into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.
If you are just too cold make homemade hot chocolate. Have the kids or grand kids ever seen that?
Grab a quilt and while you have these homemade snacks enjoy talking about some fun thing together before going off in different directions again or turning the TV back on.
What ever you do this weekend, make sure you are with the ones you love and give God the glory for the warmth and safety of your home and family.