This is Me

My photo
I'm a displaced South/Central Texan living in Louisville Kentucky
I am a princess because I am a child of the Risen King! My background is Baptist, but believe I have a relationship not a religion. I married my childhood sweetheart and together we have raised two wonderful children and got them married off. I love everything about being a wife and mother. Now guess what? I am going to be a GRANDMA!! We are so excited for this next step in our lives.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh It's Just the Best News!!

Oringinal Post Feb. 13, 2011


The most exciting news ever....we are going to be grandparents for the very first time! We found out a couple of days ago and we could not be any happier or excited. My son and his wife were just beaming when they told us. They are going to be wonderful parents. I jumped off the couch as if it were on fire! I have no clue when I have last moved like that. I couldn’t stop clapping and stopping my feet. The squeals that came out of me…. there may have been dogs howling for miles.  sorry ; )  Wonder how many eyes will glaze over, over the next few months listening to me tell them. Then as if that weren’t bad enough when our little blessing gets here I have even better stories and pictures too!
I’m simply beside myself with anticipation of holding our little blessing, and I certainly must verify he or she does have all ten fingers and ten toes. I get the privilege of spoiling our little blessing rotten, keeping him or her dressed in the cutest clothes, and not having the responsibilities that go with being the actual parent.
While I may have suddenly been ushered into the world of “old” people, I want my grandchildren to know Grandma’s are also very “COOL”.  I won’t be wearing house dresses and have my hair up in a bun. Yes, I will do regular Grandma things we will bake cookies and all that. I will keep the tradition my kids had with their Grandma and always have a back to school slumber party! Oh the fun things we will do.  But most of all our little blessing will learn about our Lord and how He gave us our blessing.




For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.       
                                                                 Psalm 139 :13 – 14 






6 comments:

Charie C. said...

Congratulation Miss Wanda!
God Bless you.

Bridesmaid extraordinare said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Jumping up and down. No way! So excited. Can't quite talk sensilbly. OMG!!!!!!!!! Wasn't he just running around the house in his undies last week? Nothing should bring you down today. What a perfect Valentines Day. OK, I'm getting my self together. No I'm not. Think I need to digest. WOW!

Simple Home said...

Congratulations!! I can tell you're going to be a wonderful grandma :-)
Happy Valentine's Day to you!
Blessings,
Marcia

Sherry Hicks said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Gloria said...

Congratulations!!!
Isn't God so good!!! :) What a blessing a grandbaby truly is! I know you will make a fantastic Grandma...:) Enjoy every little bit of it!!!!

xoxo
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Dear, sweet Wanda! So happy for you and Trent! I know you have a million things crowding your brain, but please, if you remember, tell Kevin and his wife I am praying for them....love Jana Cast

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...